Creamy Spinach Chicken [gluten, dairy, soy, corn free]
I’m just a Mom, standing in front of a fridge full of ingredients, wishing dinner would make itself! Haven’t we all been there? Having healthy, tasty dinners ready every evening always seems like a Herculean feat – especially when you have little kids and food intolerances/allergies to plan around. That’s why this creamy spinach chicken recipe is one of my go to meals – I always have the needed ingredients on hand and it takes less than a half hour to make!
Healthy Fats for Brain Health
It’s been a long journey for our home, with a huge learning curve, as we transitioned out gluten, most grains, dairy, corn, soy and food colorings. We also try to make sure we’re getting enough healthy fats to keep our brain function at it’s best! One of the biggest things our modern American diet lacks is the right kind of fats and it’s not only hurting our children’s brains as they’re developing, it’s also becoming evident as more people are coming down with early onset Dementia and Alzheimer’s. To learn more about how the right fats help our brains check out these experts in the field: Dr. Mark Hyman, Dr. David Perlmutter and Max Lugavere!
Let me know how your family likes it
Drop a comment or shoot me an email on how this recipe works for you! This creamy spinach chicken recipe is toddler approved and I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does! I’ve even added in links to my favorite brands for some of the ingredients – a lot of which you can find at a discounted price through Thrive Market. Happy Cooking!
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 4-5 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 5-8 ounces of spinach, roughly chopped
- pink Himalayan sea salt + pepper to taste
- 3-4 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 can/box chicken bone broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 (not leveled) teaspoons of arrow root powder
- Slice up both onions
- In a large skillet (like this ceramic one from green pan) sauté onions in the avocado oil on low/medium heat – keeping a lid on and stirring occasionally
- While onions cook, cut chicken breasts into cubes, roughly chop the spinach, mince the garlic and submerge the can of coconut milk in hot water (it will be separated and the solid part needs to be melted)
- Once onions are almost translucent, stir into the skillet the chicken, coconut milk, spinach, garlic, 1/2 a cup of the chicken bone broth, salt and pepper
- In a cup stir together (until well blended) the 3 teaspoons of arrow root powder and 7 teaspoons of the chicken bone broth, then stir it into the skillet
- Keep cooking on low/medium heat, with the lid on and stirring occasionally until chicken is completely done
- *You can add more of the chicken bone broth in during step 6 to achieve the sauce consistency you prefer
This creamy spinach chicken recipe goes great over gluten free jasmine rice or gluten free brown rice pasta. It can also be made with steak, seafood, steamed veggies or tofu!